This is our go-to SPONGE CAKE recipe. Just in case you need one
2 cup sugar – granulated
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups sifted flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1. Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time beating in well – between additions.
3. Sift all dry ingredients together and add alternately with milk to the creamed mixture; add vanilla.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9″ round cake or two 7″ or 8″ pans.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 mins for 7″ or 8″ pans and 45-50 mins for the 9″ pan or when cake leaves the sides and the tester comes out clean. 6. Cool in pan for 10 mins before removing.